“Watch your thoughts for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions.
Understand your actions for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your
character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny.”
- I believe in the power of athletics as a program for the training of youth for a strong and efficient
- I believe in athletics for the building of good character and personality.
- I believe in athletics as a significant part of a sound educational program.
- I believe in athletics as a constructive force in the lives of millions of sports followers throughout
- our nation. Therefore, I will hold sportsmanship and fair play high above all other values to be
- gained through sports participation.
- I consider the privilege of guiding youth through participation in sports as a sacred trust.
- I will always keep the best interests of each participant as my aim. I shall never be guilty of
enhancing my progress by the use of a participant’s skill for my benefit.