HRAYFC SUPER TINY MITE RULES 2012
1) Cut off date for 4 and 5 year olds is September 1st, whatever age a player is on September 1st. is their playing age.
2) Player can turn 6 after July 31st and play on team. Player must be 4 on or before September 1st to be eligible to play.
3) 45 minutes before game there will be a face-off to show picture ID and league certified stamp in books.
4) There are no losers in Super Tiny Mite. No Scores is kept. (All kids are winners at this level it’s a teaching process for kids).
5) Only Coaches and staff on field (No parents will be allowed on field).
6) Each Head Coach is responsible for crowd control and parents.
7) Each ORG is responsible for a chain fence or roped off field to ensure safety for football players and cheerleaders.
8) Home team responsible for official coast though HRAYFC.
9) Super Tiny Mite games days will be Saturdays.
10) Regular Season will start on September 1, 2012 and will end after all teams have played each other once. League Jamboree will be played a time TBA after Regular Season
11) No blitzing. (No player over the center or in the center/guard gap A Gaps must be heads up on guard).
12) No Weight in’s just check the books to the players.
13) Penalties, the only penalty enforced will be grabbing of the facemask. 1st time player and coaches must be warned. 2nd time player must sit out 4 plays. 3rd time player ejected from game. (We must enforce safety for the kids).
14) 2 timeouts per half.
15) There must be a center/quarterback exchange for the play to start.(Ball must be snapped like a regular tackle football play).
16) Every player except the center and two guards is eligible to receive the ball.
17) Their must be mandatory official water breaks (no exceptions) 1 per half.
18) At the start of the game the ball will be placed at the 10 yard line.
19) First downs are awarded at the 20 yard line of each possession.
20) If team with the ball decides to punt, the ball will be placed on the receiving team’s 10 yard line.
21) Field dimensions are 60 yards length X 30 yards width. (Goal-10-20-10-Goal). End zone is 10 yards each.
22) There must be at least 10 players certified to have a team. (20 players’ max. per team. 10 players’ min. per team). For 2012 Commissioner has right to change this rule.
23) Game time each team must have a min. of 10 players ready at the face-off. Commissioner has right to change this rule. (Any player late can be checked in at halftime).
24) 8 man football (8 on offense- 8 on defense)
25) Teach the kids that the whistle means STOP! Practice with whistles
26) When the ball is on or inside the defense 10 yard line. Defense must be 1 yard off ball.
27) Games length running clock 12 minutes half (2 halfs) no over times.
28) 1 or 2 coaches on the playing field per team. (Commissioner retains the right to decide)
29) No fumbles, ball is dead when touches the ground.
30) Only interception or a strip as long as the ball does not touch the ground the ball can be advanced.
31) Make sure each player is properly equipped to play.
32) Courtesy call to the opponent Organization and league official, if your Organization cannot make it to the game, or running late. (10 minutes wait time)
33) Games will not start, or will be stopped by harsh weather conditions. (Downpours and Lightning)
34) Mandatory before each game, starting at the 20 yard marker, Coaches and players are to shake hands. After face-off.
35) Practice days (Monday thru Friday 3 days a week 2 hours max a day)
36) Coaches that are on the field must be ten yards away from the last player on the team
37) Rules are rules please let’s all follow them. NO EXCEPTIONS